Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Just Being



Hey Journeyers! 

How are guys doing? Are you all embracing this beautiful season of giving and love? Or are you frazzled, irritated and wondering why on earth you committed to so many things?   For me, I am somewhere in between.  I am loving the small pleasures that come with the children being amazed by all the lights and the wonder of Christmas. 

My attitude lately has me already looking beyond Christmas and forward to the the New Year.  The more I witness the nonsense that occurs from Black Friday to Christmas the more I want to run away and have a little tiny celebration tucked away in some small cottage off the beaten path. 

All the promises and hope that comes with starting fresh that come with the New Year energize me. If you have been reading for awhile, you will know that the beginning of the year is when I fast.  You can read about that in the archives.  I love starting my year out like this. It seems to help get me on track for a positive new year spiritually, mentally and physically. 

Lord willing and the crick don't rise ( I couldnt resist this saying of my aging family) this New Year is going to be a fabulous one in my life. I am excited for it. I am excited to move forward and let go of nonsense.  I always set goals in either written form or this year I will be making a vision board of what I would like to do, again, Lord willing. 

What are your opinions on resolution setting? Do you set resolutions? Are they crazy ones like going from a couch to potato to a marathon runner in two weeks? Do you have accountability partners for your goals?  I would love to hear from you.

For now, I am going to enjoy these last few weeks of 2011. Celebrating the birth of our Savior, our ultimate gift, is such a wonderful time to pause and count our blessings.  Also, my baby will be turning two.  I want to take these last weeks of 2011 to really slow down and just enjoy these special moments.  These blessings God has given me... Less frazzled, More present- Just Being.   

May you all be blessed wildly, 
Wendy xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what did ya think?