Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

LETTING GO OF EGYPT


Hello Journeyers! 

A couple days ago I asked you all about your resolutions and how you went about setting them.  Then on Wednesday my beautiful soul sista Teresa gave us a plan on how to set goals and attain them by putting them into bite size pieces.  Yesterday,  when my son blew out his candle, something with him extinguishing it resonated so very deep in my heart. There are things that I need to also extinguish and let go of in my life in 2012. I have been so focusing on the adding all the positive things I want to do, I never thought about making the conscious effort of getting rid of the old mindsets.  So... here is my list:

1. Fear- Fear has dominated my little world for a very long time. I love the definition of Fear being False Evidence Appearing Real (thank you all the Mary Kay superstars that share this). It is such truth.  Feeling fear is one thing but being paralyzed by it is completely different.  “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. If someone says, ‘I love God’ and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also” (1 John 4:18-21)

2. Condemnation/Guilt- Condemnation is not from God.  No matter what you do, its just not. Conviction is a different story. I refuse to allow other peoples words or actions have any power of how I feel about myself including guilty or condemned.  However disapproving my life might be to anyone, I am moving forward.   "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)

3. Resentment- There are people in my life that have taken advantage of a situation that I brought them to.  Its incredibly disrespectful and causes a great deal of strife.  I am letting go of the resentment towards all the players in this game. I do not need to seek vindication because I know the truth.  "Who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously" (1 Peter 2:23).

4. Unforgiveness- This one is hard.  I am so hurt and brokenhearted right now. This hurt has manifested into anger and bitterness that I have carried for a few years.  It has caused irrevocable damage in my life.  Time that will never come back, wounds that have left serious scars on my heart.  This will be a constant work on my part for me to work through this.  I am going to have to deal with it head on.  It seems easier to carry it all with me and just pretend like everything is fine.  The BIG FAT TRUTH is that its not fine. I am not over it.  I am ready to let it go though and work to forgive. "Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you" (Ephesians 4:31,32).

5. Unhealthy Relationships- I have a few.  They cause strife.They are all getting the axe.  I will forgive and then I can love from a distance. "Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." (1 Corinthians 15:33)

Well Journeyers I think that is about it for my 2012 List of Let Go... what do you think? Are there things you need to let go of too?


Be blessed wildly,
wendy xxooo

1 comment:

  1. I think your off to a great start and I'll be here to help you along. Love ya Soul Sista!!

    ReplyDelete

So... what did ya think?