Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

The River of My Dreams




Last night was my first night in our new place. Due to schedules and fun with friends, I ended up being the only one home with Miss Violet Pearl Girl.  She wasn't much company-too afraid to climb the stairs she decided to "guard" the first floor. lol.  As I finally laid down, practically collapsing on the bed from heat and exhaustion I looked around. My whole life is so different now.  I thought about each of my children and how the change of this must be effecting them. How their attitudes have been wonderful despite going through so much.  I thought about how Monday I didn't know if I would have a home and yet here I was sleeping in a huge house by Thursday. All these thoughts then began entering my mind of what the last few years were like. I began to remember all the reasons of why I am going through what I am going through right now.  The hurt, the anger, the bitterness started to feel overwhelming and all at once pressing against me.
At some point I drifted off to sleep. I had dreams of a flood... washing away all the things of the past. All the worries and all stuff I have been carrying in my heart- it all washed away; down the river of my dreams.

I wonder if that is God healing my hurt, removing my shame, showing me His Grace is enough and maybe just loving on me while I sleep.  When my alarm went off, I felt emotionally lighter, as if that flood of my dreams had carried my worries and sorrows away.

Friends, I don't know how God works. I do not have all the answers to why He does things for one person one way and another person another way.  Really, none of that matters. What I  do know is that He is real and that He loves all of His children-even this little ragamuffin. He will always show up- just ask... <3

Choose love and be blessed wildly,
Wendy xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what did ya think?