Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dear Colleen



Colleen,

I already miss you.  The void of your passing is deafening.  Selfishly, I would like more of our late night chats, your wisdom, and your comforting spirit.  You my friend, are the real deal, a true friend.  You have been a huge part of my entire life, offering love and family to me even stepping in as another Mom to me.

There are so many memories flooding my mind right now. Silly things like Heather and I getting into all sorts of trouble. Ok, well we all know it was mostly Heather because she has always been the wild one. LOL Sorry Heather but we know it the truth- I am sure Steve can vouch for me.  All the convos you and Mom would have over coffee that Heather and I so wanted to be apart of, the dance and vocal routines we insisted you sit through, kissing our boo boos, I could go on and on.

Over the last couple of days, I have heard over and over again how wonderful you are, how strong you are, how much you meant to so many.  I want you to rest assured that your legacy of love and strength carries on through your most valuable treasures- your children and grandchildren.

I imagine that you are snuggled with Grandma Mitt right now, catching up with Flo and hopefully getting shown the ropes by Aunt Elaine.  No matter what, I know surely you are with our Savior and have no more pain and for that I can rejoice.

The next couple of days are going to be difficult.  I am going to do my best (as you requested) to celebrate your life. I cannot promise the no tears part, but I will celebrate you.  You are forever part of my heart. Love you.

Until we meet again,
Wendy Sue From Kalamazoo




3 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written.... many condolences to you, your friends and your family on your loss of such an influential woman. May you find comfort in your happy memories and learn from the many lessons of Colleen. Love you, friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful.. RIP Colleen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to a sister in Christ, Wendy. RIP Colleen.

    ReplyDelete

So... what did ya think?